whisKEY2 Animator’s Toolkit
**Im proud to announce a major update to the whisKEY toolset. With a completely rebuilt interface and streamlined code, the animator’s companion in Maya is now whisKEY2!
Advanced toolset for creating inbetween keys, pushing poses, and assisting the animator in Maya.
- Quickly add inbetween and breakdown poses using the realtime sliders.
- Exaggerate your poses with Pose Pusher.
- Lots of handy workflow buttons for setting tangents and filtering the graph editor.
- The effects of all tools can be isolated to selected channels.
- New extra Tool, Clean Subframe Keys, click to clean animation that has subframe keys by moving keys to whole frames, and adjusting their values to preserve the animation as closely as possible. Great to clean up time-stretched keys, it’s an animator friendly version of Maya’s snap tool.
- New extra Tool, tool, Smart Bake Animation Layers. If you’d like to adjust your animation using animation layers, this will bake down your animation, in an animator friendly way, to the base layer without adding extra keys.
- Save “ebLabs_whisKEY2.mel” to your maya scripts folder.
- Add the following command and icon to a shelf button (or hotkey).
- MEL script, tested with Maya 2009+, Linux, Windows and Mac
- v0.5.2, Last updated: August 22, 2013 at 1:46 am
|(1) easy tween button||This will set an inbewteen value on all selected object attributes for the current position in time. Similar to setting a key as if the curves were set to linear.|
|(2)Set Key||Click to set a key on selected objects. This is the same as hitting ‘s’. Right click here for the following keying tools.|
|**Rekey All Selected Objects||This will rekey all selected objects together. Great to make sure all your controls share the same keyframes.|
|**Rekey\Remove Keys to Match Last Selected||Rekey and remove keys to match the last selected objects. Use this to tidy up your keys, works well to keep your keys well organized when blocking.|
|(3)Set Special Key||Sets a key, however it will be coloured in the timeline. This is really useful to organize your keys visually.|
|(4) Inbetween Slider||Drag to blend interactively between the previous and next key values.|
|(5),(6),(7),(8),(9),(10),(11) Inbetween Presets||Commonly used inbetween values, can also set to match previous and next keys. Ranges are Previous Key, 1/10, 1/4, half, 3/4, 9/10, Next Key value.|
|(12) Multiply X||Drag to multiply the selected object attributes by the slider value of 0 to 2. Great for sliding objects closer to their zeroed-out positions.|
|(13) Pose Pusher||Select objects and drag the slider to exaggerate the pose. Dragging to the right and left pushes the pose based on movement going forward and backward in time. It’s best to just give it a try to fully understand this one:)|
|(14) In/Out||Slides the selected objects towards and away from the camera of the active view.|
|(15) Info Area||Check here for feedback on what tools you are using. Click to open the tangent drop down menu.|
|(16) Tangent Presets||Find handy presets here for setting tangent types on selected objects. This will change the default tangent types for new keys as well.|
extra tools tab
|[Adjust Slider Sensitivity]||Open this up and increase the value to change the sensitivity of the multiply/pose-pusher/in-out sliders. 1 is default, 2 is double, and so on…|
|clean subframe keys||This tool will clean animation that has subframe keys, by moving subframe keys to whole frames, and adjusting their values to preserve the animation as closely as possible. Great to clean up time-stretched keys, it’s an animator friendly version of Maya’s snap tool.|
|smart bake animation layers||Animation layers are a great way to quickly modify your animation. Smart bake animation layers will bake the result of your animation layers down to the base layer without adding any extra keys to your base layer. Lastly it will remove the object from any animation layers its assigned to.|
|delete boring keys||This tool scans through all animated channels on the selected objects and will delete the keys if there are no changes over the course of the anim curve. For example, deleting unnecessary visibility or scale keys (either all keys or leaving the first key).|
+ options tab
|Realtime Sliders||Sets the realtime interactivity of the sliders on and off.|
|Repair Maya Undos||A leftover from debugging, just incase anything goes wrong, this will reset any wonkiness.|
|set easy tween shortcut
(this will use a dynamic value based on your current time and neighboring key positions)
|set to previous pose shortcut||
|set to half inbetween pose shortcut||
|set to next pose shortcut||
|set inbetween ratio to whatever you like||